Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ice Cream Parlor Stand

A couple of years ago, the girls got this little grocery stand for Christmas:
As you can see, it's gotten a little beat up.
The paint was in bad shape and the bottom shelf is completely broken out.
I wanted to use it for Cassy's Ice Cream Parlor party
so Daddy Did It and I got to work.
Some disassembling, sanding, priming, and painting later
We ended up with THIS: 
Oh yeah, I did a little sewing, too.
I'll tell you how I made the custom canopy in a later post.
So, what do you think?
I tell ya, the girls LOVE it!  It's like a brand new toy...one that appeals more to the girly nature of our house!
And it worked great as a stand to hold the gifts and favors...also coming in a later post.


featured button

10 comments:

  1. Cute! Come and join our link party: http://fabricbowsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute, We are having a carnival themed birthday party and this would be so fun! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative! Awesome job!
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job! I hosted an ice cream social for my daughter's birthday last year... such a fun party! :)
    Happy Day,
    Michelle
    www.daydreambelievers.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just too cute!! Works so well as an ice cream stand. Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse Party. I'll be featuring this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a fantastic job!! It looks great! So glad you shared at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable idea-my daughters would have loved this too when they were little-I'm your newest follower-stop on by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! I wish I'd had it when I threw myself my ice cream cone birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. four little girls. how magical...

    i'm deep in muck, with two little boys... i'd like to think of it as a frat house with training wheels...

    love your little ice cream parlor. sharing it tonight at creative juice and at pinterest.

    thanks for sharing last week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice idea.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete