Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Rainbow Party {decor & food}

Rainbow Party {decorations & food}
I have a confession to make.
Ready?
This party was clear back in APRIL!  I know.  Shameful.
I had totally lost my blogging mojo.
But it seems to be back now, so let's get on with this, shall we?
Rainbow Party {invitation}
Charly requested a rainbow party this year.
SWEET!  She already had a cute little outfit to fit the theme.
And there are so many ADORABLE rainbow party ideas out there!
Check out my Pinterest board that is dedicated to all things rainbow-party-goodness here.Rainbow Party {decorations}
Because it was the end of April and was SUPPOSED to be a nice Spring day, 
I went with an outdoors-y, spring is in the air Rainbow theme.
I got the rainbow kites in the $ Spot at Target and used pink string to write Charly's name between the two.

Rainbow Party {pinwheels}
My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE decorations were these pinwheels.
I just love how they turned out!
I used this pattern found here.
Rainbow Party {pinwheels}
No, I did not cut them all out by hand.  Are you crazy? ;)
I wrote the designer and asked for permission to convert the pattern into a Silhouette template.
They very graciously said yes.  Thank you!
I can't even tell you how much time that saved me!
(I recently found a pinwheel that looks similar to this in the Silhouette store,
if your interested.)
Rainbow Party {pinwheels}
I used this tutorial to color the bottles.
I used sand to weigh them down, but I don't think it is really necessary.
Over time, the sand has absorbed all the color off the bottles.

Rainbow Party {decorations}I hung balloons from the ceiling for a simple, fun photo backdrop.Rainbow Party {decorations}
The table skirt was a total last minute idea.
It needed more color, so I folded some tissue paper in half
and taped it like pennants around the table.
Easy Peasy!
Rainbow Party {food}
We went really simple on the snacks this time.
Each girl got to fill a bowl with jelly beans and popcorn.
They also had their choice of Kool Aid drink mixes
Rainbow Party {food}
 There were also otter pops
Rainbow Party {food}
 and rainbow cupcakes.
Talk about a sugar rush!
It was definitely a sweet way to end my sweet girl's 6th birthday party.

Come back tomorrow to see what we did at the party.
We're talkin' 7 different activities!  One for each color of the rainbow.


4 comments:

  1. Super cute ideas!! I love all the colors, the wreath and the pinwheels. Great job! Come link up to Centerpiece Wednesday and share your idea.
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of using the kites as decoration. How fun! Wow, seven activities? I'm curious!

    Lauren from www.allgrownupparties.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend is having a rainbow party for her girl. Passing along your site to her. I found you on Tater Tots & Jello and am your newest follower.

    I'd love for you to stop by.

    Kimberly @ mypinterestreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute rainbow party!! Love all of your creative ideas :) Thanks for visiting my blog.....happily following you!
    Hugs,
    Brooke @ Design Stash

    ReplyDelete